Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:35:22 -0700
>As far as I know, W98 updates are still available from MS, though probably
>not for much longer.
>Ian Porter

I think there is general confusion here as to the Windows 9X updates.
Microsoft is no longer providing any updates for Windows 9X. However, they
are still updating Internet Explorer, and Windows Media Player, that may be
installed on such systems. This is why, when you run Windows update from
Windows 9x, there are still a continuous stream of security patches, and
updates.

I have found, in the last year, that the security patches often
cause  problems with windows 9x systems. I am not quick to update these
systems unless I see a vulnerability. If I have a office 98se system, that
is running very well, has a dial up account, rarely goes online, and is
running an updated anti virus program in the background, it is unlikely
that I will rush to update the IE or media player security patches. And if
I do, I will proceed very carefully, installing them one at a time, backing
up between installs, and watching very carefully to see if there is any
backlash.

It is no secrete that Microsoft is taking a lot of industry criticism for
their security, and for the quality of their patches, which often cause far
more problems then they prevent.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com