Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kelly Younger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 16:03:32 -0600
Lynn wrote:

> I was wondering if someone could help me, I'm using Netscape cuz i heard
> a lot of people say how great it was and all, but what i'm wondering if
> if it's so great.. then why does it seem to close down so much.. it just
> seems it's so "unstable" at times... i am using the latest version. Also
> is there anyone that knows of things changing as far as Netscape being a
> better browser/mail package?
>
> Also, I was wondering, for some reason when i go to save a url in my
> bookmarks, it doesn't save them anymore.. any ideas how i can fix this
> or what might have gone wrong?
>
> thanks,
> Lynn Batson

Arguing the merits of one browser or the other is sort of like saying
chocolate ice cream is better than strawberry or whatever. I use
Netscape because, if for no other reason, that the bad stuff that's
being written out there to harm computer systems usually targets only MS
(Melissa and Bubbleboy come to mind).
A good place to look for answers to Netscape problems is
http://www.ufaq.org/.

Some possibilities, try the usual first-aid.  Close NetScape.  Then use
your file manager to delete NETSCAPE.HST and the CACHE directory
(or all files therein).
They will be built anew as you surf.

IPF and GPF errors can be elusive, and may be system-specific...

http://HELP.NETSCAPE.COM/kb/consumer/970203-1.html
http://HELP.NETSCAPE.COM/kb/consumer/970702-6.html
http://HELP.NETSCAPE.COM/kb/consumer/971103-4.html
http://HELP.NETSCAPE.COM/kb/consumer/971115-17.html
http://HELP.NETSCAPE.COM/kb/consumer/970702-6.html
http://HELP.NETSCAPE.COM/kb/consumer/970113-1.html

http://SUPPORT.MICROSOFT.COM/support/search/c.asp

http://WWW.EROLS.COM/techinfo/win95/win95GPF.html
http://WWW.WINDOWSTROUBLE.COM/kernel32dll.shtml

Also explore these possibilities...

  Search for ADVERT.DLL.  If found in c:\windows\system, try moving
  it to the same folder as the application that uses it - one that
offers
  advertisements.  Go!Zilla is a possibility.  Or rename to ADVERT.OLD.
  However, this may disable the application that installed it.

  Try different color depths, under Control Panel|DISPLAY|SETTINGS.

  Also click the ADVANCED button, then the PERFORMANCE tab, and
  lower the acceleration setting.

  If DirectX is installed, disable Direct Draw Hardware Acceleration.
  Use DXTOOL.EXE.  START button|FIND|FILES| "DXTOOL".

  Temporarily disable animated cursors, screen savers and the like.

If these measures help, seek out an updated video driver from the
chip or card manufacturer's WEBsite.

Prior to opening NetScape, disable all background applications -
including virus checkers, performance monitors, WEBaccelerators and
cache
utilities, ads-off and crashguard programs, TSRs, animated screen savers
and the like.  Click <atl-ctrl-del> once and END TASK of each item
except
NETSCAPE, RNAAPP and EXPLORER and SYSTRAY, if it is shown.

As far as the bookmarks go, do a search for bookmarks.htm, right click,
select Properties and make sure it is not set to "Read only".

--
Kelly Younger

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html