Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Robin Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 21:22:48 -0500
I'm trying to help a friend of mine who may have trashed his computer. I
don't have much information but I'm going to give it a shot. It's a Compaq
Presario 7000 with Win98. He recently updated the virus definitions for
McAfee and then tried to do a virus scan. Each time he tried to scan for
viruses he got a message about an illegal operation (sorry, he can't be more
specific than that). Rather than leave well enough alone and stop there he
then decided to update his Windows files - Start | Windows Update - thinking
that would fix the problem. He just accepted the default updates from
Microsoft. Now, when he tries to boot, the PC cycles between the Compaq logo
screen and "Starting Windows 98". It never gets to the desktop. He can get
to the desktop via Safe Mode. No problem starting there. I know this is not
much information but is there anything he can try before ordering a Quick
Restore CD from Compaq?

Ropin

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml