Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Brian L. Sanburn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 13:58:22 -0500
For five years I used Inoculate-IT's Personal Edition.  Then last year I
switched to AVG (free versions of both).  As near as I can tell, for the
first five years I received maybe two viruses--the first one was pretty
impotent while the second one really hurt.  Although I was able to recover
from the second one, I investigated and solicited advice.  My choice was AVG
which I still use.  It has caught numerous viruses, none of which was the
Klez; I never came to be infected by it although I received numerous e-mails
from folks that were infected.  I am very pleased with AVG but recently, at
work, where we do not use AVG, I needed an online AV scanner.  Panda
Software was a nice product but I've never used anything other than their
online, realtime scanning product.

Hth.

Brian

<<< you wrote... >>>

I would be interested to hear from people who were supposedly protected
from Klez by antivirus and whether the "protection" worked. My wife's
laptop became Klez infected by an incoming email although I thought it was
protected by Panda. My computer (several days later) received a Klez
infected email which was intercepted and quarantined by AVG before I saw it
or could do anything dumb, like clicking on an infected attachment. There
may have been some mitigating factors, which could be our fault. My purpose
is not to recommend one over another but to understand why one became
infected and the other did not and what I could learn and do to prevent
reoccurrence.
---

                       http://freepctech.com/rode