Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Allen Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:14:27 -0500
I have a COMPAQ 7594, 566Mhz, 64MB RAM, 25G in two hard drives (one a
COMPAQ and the other a WDUltra ATA 66).  Lit it up last night and got
the following message on the COMPAQ logo screen, "1720-Hard drive
detects imminent failure".  Two options were offered, "Boot" and
"Computer Setup".  "Boot" gets me back with no apparent harm done but
restoring the defaults using F10 does not get rid of the ominous warning.
COMPAQ tech support had me scan disk all drives and hard disks...
nothing wrong there.  I downloaded new DAT files and ran McAfee Virus
Scan...nothing there.  A COMPAQ tech and I tried to restore the registry
but F8 would not get me into the BIOS.  I deleted all files and programs
that had been recently loaded...nada! There doesn't seem to be any
detectable difference in
operation but I have not run everything thru.
I don't mind the scary message as long as I can be assured that it doesn't
really mean anything...but I suspect it does and that that piece of tech
support wisdom is not quite valid.  Any help would be appreciated.

Allen Spencer

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml