Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jeffrey Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 01:30:44 -0500
James Kerr wrote:

> Anyway to set this up? I want to make some changes to what some users see on
> their Win95 boxes, but I don't want to let them have access to the tweakui
> control panel applet, is it possible to make changes so that when you click
> on the applet icon it prompts you for a password or does anyone have another
> suggestion?

Two things come to mind off the top of my head, but I use Win98 rather
than Win95, so there may be small differences.

First, you could create a shortcut to the TweakUI applet, naming and
storing that shortcut in such a way as to hide it from your users. Then,
from the Control Panel tab within TweakUI, deselect TweakUI so that it
no longer appears when you open the Control Panel. If YOU need to access
TweakUI, you have the shortcut, which they hopefully won't discover.

Alternatively, you could probably use the Policy Editor, (PolEdit, which
should be on the Win95 CD), to set the appropriate restrictions. I know
one of PolEdit's options is to block ALL access to the Control Panel,
but there's a lot of flexibility, as well.

Hope this gets you started.

Jeff Delzer

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html