Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:38:28 -0500
At 06:37 AM 3/17/99 , you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>One computer out of the 43 that I watch over in the laboratory here
>displays a particularly irritating behavior; closing Winword 97 files
>takes up to a minute and sometimes even longer. The length of time seems
>independent of the file size or number of changes made. Even an empty file
>takes this long to save, but only if it was previously saved. When you
>click on File -> Close the machine just sits there with no disk activity,
>then after 30-90 sec. the file closes. During this time the machine is
>completely blocked and neither mouse click nor keyboard have any effect.
>This happens even if you have made no changes to the file. Killing the
>Winword program with the file open, however, is immediate.

If you have Outlook installed on the machine, one thing to check (from MS KB):

Disable Outlook Journaling

Outlook journaling will track documents as they are closed or saved. On
some computers, this may create a noticeable delay during the close or save
process. Outlook journaling  is enabled by default when Outlook is
installed. To disable Outlook journaling, follow these steps:

  1. Start Microsoft Outlook.

  2. In Outlook, on the Tools menu, click Options.

  3. Click the Journaling tab.

  4. Clear all of the checkboxes in the dialog.

Doug Simmons

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]