Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Sue Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 13:07:20 -0500
After reading all the discussion about virtual memory etc., I will jump in.
I had similar issues, although it went to most programs, i.e., not enough
memory to run irfanview, etc.
What happened was one of the hard disks was running in ms-dos compatibility
mode. I tried all the solutions offered by Microsoft KB, to no avail.
I eventually threw up my hands, bit the bullet, reformatted the darn thing
and went to XP.
It may be worth checking into, Chilangisha, if something like that is the
problem.
To determine if it is, go to your device manager, (start|settings|control
panel|properties|perfprmance tab). If it says that your system is configured
for optimal performance, then everything is okay. If it says something like
one or more disks is running in ms-dos compatibility mode, there is your
problem.
I could not find the original troubleshooting page I used at the MS KB, but
here is one to start you off:
If you can copy your exact error message and paste it into the microsoft
support site, that may also give you some clues.
And FWIW, a system I have with Win 98, 200 mgHz CPU, 64 MB ram runs word
2000 with no problems. The one that gave me grief had 256 MB RAM, a 1.7 ghz
CPU. So it really should work with your setup...there is something else
going on.
I suspect mine had something to do with upgrading an Intel Accelerator
driver. When troubleshooting problems, especially with win 98, it's always
good to backtrack and see what was the last thing you did before the
problems were noticed.
Hope this helps somewhat.

Sue Clark
Bristol, ME