Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:14:50 -0600
Hello Mary,

The "Taskbar" can contain any of several components. You don't mention your
operating system but the following generally applies to all Windows
operating systems. One area where you have icons is the "Quick Launch" bar.
You can right click icons there and move, copy, delete, etc. So it appears
that you are talking about the "System Tray" (that area usually on the lower
right that contains the clock).

The majority of the icons in the System Tray are programs that start when
Windows starts. When installed, many programs "assume" it is the only
program you will use and, by default, starts with Windows. Some programs,
like your firewall and anti-virus, you want to start with Windows and run
all the time. Other programs will usually have an option where you can
change that during installation or at a later time. So, if the program is on
the Start menu, and it should be, all you have to do is open the program and
change that option in "Options" or "Preferences", depending on the program.
Icons for other functions you may have like "Volume" and your Internet
connection also have options to show the icon.

If you use Windows XP you have an option in Taskbar "Properties" to "Hide
inactive icons" which will hide those you don't often use, but they're still
there if you need them. Right click the Taskbar and choose "Properties" for
that option.

Another option you have in Taskbar properties is to hide the Taskbar
completely. With this option, you won't see the Taskbar until you move the
mouse to the bottom of the screen and it pops up. I personally like this
because it gives me an unobstructed view of the screen while I'm surfing the
Net or whatever.

I hope you find this helpful...

Sven Swanson, Sr.