Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 09:45:10 -0600
Good Morning,

It is time to remind all of our wonderful subscribers about the
basics of using our mailing lists, especially in the wake of
the recent rash of sloppy posts subscribers have attempted
to send to these mailing lists.

The NOSPIN GROUP of mailing lists have won several awards
and are recongized now as premier mailing lists on the Internet
due to several factors:  No Spam, No Flames and all messages
posted are clean and concise.   Our moderators spend many
hours each week explaining proper posting to new subscribers
and our long time subscribers who have attempted to post
in a sloppy manner.

Since this is the slowest time of the year for us, let us review
the basics of a good post to a NOSPIN GROUP Mailing list.

1) The post must will not contain any advertising.
2) The post will be friendly, not containing any nasty remarks
3) The post must contain your full name in either the FROM line,
    or signed to the bottom of the Email.
4) The post should not have a large signature line, 4 lines is
    considered proper, 5 lines is the maximum.
5) Check your mail programs settings before posting, only posts
    sent in plain/text format will be approved.  Formatting, signature
    Vcards, Mime attachments and so forth are not allowed.
6) Never send a file attachment to a mailing list
7) Include enough of the original question to insure your answer
    is understood as a stand alone message.
8) Reduce the amount of text from the original question to the smallest
    necessary amount  to make sense of the answer.  Do not quote
    the entire original message.  This is redundant and messy.
9) When answering a question:
    a) Include enough information so that a newer user will understand.
    b) Never expect that everyone on these lists have the same level
        of knowledge as yourself.
    c) Do not send a single, one-line comment as an answer, unless it
        can completely answer the question, (this is very rare that a
        single sentence can answer the question).
    d) Use terms that can be understood by readers world wide, avoiding
        local idiums and quite prases.
    e) If you wish to provide a URL for the web, remember that a great
        many of our readers cannot access the web.  Include what can
        be found at that web site, even if you only 'cut & paste' it from
        that web page.
10) Use the proper "Subject Line" when submitting a question or sending
      an answer.  If you are answering a question found in the Digest or
      from our Archives, be sure the subject line matches the original
      question.  Do not just hit the reply button and send it.

These mailing lists are read on six continents and in over 65 countries,
they are republished on at least 21 mirror sites with a total readership
in excess of 15,000 people.   Please remember that not everyone will
understand your local idiums, abbreviations or cutsey phrases.

If you need help or have questions concerning the use of our mailing
lists, send them to:  [log in to unmask]
or to a List Owner or Moderator.  They can be found at:
                http://nospin.com/staff.html

The hallmark of a sophisticated List member / subscriber is to use
clean, well thought out comments.  Their posts are concise and
fully explain the situation or answer, including all information necessary
for the newest reader to understand and in clean, effective English.

Using terms such as: kewl or 'puter only tend to present the writer as
one step above a "newbie" on the Internet, (often referred to as
"techie wanna-bies."

If you only answer one question a day...  and do it "right"...  you are
doing more than the vast majority of Internet users.  This is Netiquette.
Learn to do it right.  Learn that it is the "Hallmark of a Sophisticated
Internet User."

BOB WRIGHT  -   The NOSPIN GROUP
   [log in to unmask]   -   http://nospin.com
Listserv Owner   PCBUILD : PCSOFT : PC-MS : VPLANETS
                             PCBLDFAQ : PC-PDA : I-GAMES

ps: Do not reply to ADMIN postings on this mailing list.  Send any
comments to either myself, Drew Dunn or a Moderator.