Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Robert Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 08:55:57 -0800
I've decided to install SP2 on my XPPro SP1 system. All other Windows updates have been done. In preparation I uninstalled Sygate firewall and PanicWare Popup Stopper. I uninstalled them, used a registry cleaner to delete a few references to them, and manually removed any residue.

When I click on a link and my MSIE browser tries to open a second window, it is blocked, and the image of an orange fist appears. If I hold the Ctrl key and click the link, the second window will open. I had thought that was the result of PanicWare Popup Stopper, but now I don't know what is causing that. I have searched the computer, startup process etc,  but can't find any other popup stopper.

Is anybody familiar with the little orange fist that blocks additional browser windows? Unless it's an integral part of MSIE, I would like to disable it before installing SP2.
My MSIE version shows: 6.0.2800.1106.XPSP2.040919-1003. Could that mean that a portion of SP2 has already been installed in my MSIE? Could Microsoft have bought the little orange fist from Panicware?

Thanks, Bob Lendrim

Other software utilities installed:
AdAware
Avast