Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
E B Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:24:59 -0500
I think to some degree, how your printer reacts is a function of your
printer/software.  I have Lexmark printers, but my experience probably has
parallels in whatever printer you have.

I always like to have the printer icon available when I'm printing, because
it is not unusual for me to realize too late that I printed the wrong thing,
or perhaps had the wrong settings.  With the printer icon available, I can
zap it quickly.  There are at least two options that are available with my
Lexmarks.  The first is that the icon loads up on bootup, an option I have
disabled.  The other is that the icon is there during printing.

For my printers, the printing stops almost instantaneously.  Not sure if
that is because it is so cheap that it has no buffer, or because it actually
communicates with the computer to stop whatever is running, but it works, so
I save time and ink.

A third option (assuming it is available in XP; I have Win98) is
start/settings/printers, then right click the appropriate printer and choose
the appropriate control program, which you can leave open.  On my Lexmark,
that control program is where I have the option to enable sound effects,
disable printer to PC communications (see the previous paragraph), disable
the printer icon, etc..  Some of those may also be available on the right
click on the printer icon (reference the first sentence of this paragraph.)

Hope this makes sense.

William Closure