Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Terry Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:55:37 -0800
'm running Win98 SE. A strange thing has happened: when I use the File|open command (from within an application), the Open dialogue box (the list of folders and files), the files aren't displayed alphabetically (they always were in the past).

Now, I'm forced to click on the Details icon, then click on the Name column to re-sort the folders and files alphabetically, then click on the List button to see all the files displayed horizontally (which is my preference). Too many clicks just to get back to square one!

I received the following advice from a moderator on this list (I've inserted my comments in reply, prefaced by **)

>Make sure you have Explorer = <My Computer> set up as
  ....VIEW .....Arrange ..... by Name.

** I've tried this in My Computer, but it doesn't offer a view "by name" option. It offers the option of view icons by drive, by free space, by type and size.

**In Explorer, I can arrange file icons by name, but it doesn't seem to have an effect on the File|Open dialogue box - the files are still scrambled alphabetically.

>Also when using FILE OPEN try pushing the List and Detail icons and see if that makes a difference.

**That's not the problem - it works fine. But that's the only option I have to re-sort the files. I'd like them to stay sorted alphabetically.

It's one of those things I never had to think about before, and suddenly,"huh"?

Any help is appreciated.

Terry Hoffman

Terry Hoffman

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: