Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Robert Castorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 12:59:34 -0800
Can anyone explain the importance or unimportance of a COA when
purchasing a WINDOWS operating system?  For example, one online store
offers the following two versions of WINDOWS 2000 PRO:

1.- Full Version, OEM. Includes CD,
                 manual, key code, license on CD.
                 NO COA.

2.- With Manual, CD, COA, License.
                 Full Version OEM, not upgrade.

The first is $90; the second is $145.  Both seem to be full OEM
versions; both include a CD, license and manual.  The only difference
seems to be that the non-COA version includes only the key code in lieu
of the entire COA, and is $55 cheaper.

I can't believe that a reputable store (which I'm sure this is) would
blatantly offer counterfeit software, and I've seen this same sort of
discrepancy at many other online stores as well.

So my question boils down to "What do I get for the extra $55 besides a
piece of fancy paper?"
Also, "Why do these non-COA versions exist in the first place, assuming
they're not counterfeit?"

Thanks,
Bob Castorf

                     visit our download web page at: