Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 08:10:35 -0500
Linda Crawford writes:-

<<<I recently downloaded an update to Internet Explorer and since then the first thing when I turn on the computer a box pops up that says "Smart Bridge Alerts' Motive SB.exe-entry point not found. The procedure entry point Get Process Image File Name W could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI. DLL." I hope I got it all correct. What is going on and what do I need to do?>>>>

Hi,

as far as i know this is a problem faced by many who have downloaded(or attempted to) IE 7 OR BETA VERSION. from your post it is not clear which version you have.

it also appears that this error is caused by some sort of conflict with the installation files of the user's ISP.

the suggested fixes vary from renaming "psapi.dll" to "old"/ doing a system file check etc etc... but no one seems to have the correct fix. a fix working for one user does not work for another it would appear.

i can give the links to the other forums discussing this very same issue but not sure whether the posting rules permit this or not. so if you need the links pl. post off forum direct to me and i will give the links.

another thought which comes to mind is if you can navigate to the windows folder and identify the entry pertaining specifically to the "update " you did prior to the problem pl post back. regarding this suggestion pl. see Rick Glazier's post under header "  Re: Windows Folder full of strange stuff"

 <<<< That is the uninstall info for various Windows patches.
It may also be repair install info in case you roll back
another patch, or for other patch related activities...

If you can spare the space, it is always better to leave
"automatic system related" files like this alone.
I have seen MS KB info of how to properly remove this
type of thing, but never felt lucky about following the
instructions, or what I would be missing (in the way of
lost functionally) if they were removed... JMHO.>>>.

HTH and very good luck ---Venkat

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>