Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
BENOIT VENTIMIGLIA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 11:33:51 -0400
Mr. Gauba, thank you. I did delete all the temp files; but I did not delete the other files because I am not knowledgeable enough to do it. Pitstop is fine but right now, I ain't got the money. They did a free scan and off course they found lots of garbage!
We will see. In the meantime thanks again for your help. Regards: Ben.

I invite you to visit my site at:
www.freewebs.com/technibook

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: C Gauba
  To: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
  Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 10:05 AM
  Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Word file not responding:

  At 07:49 PM 3/31/2008, BENOIT VENTIMIGLIA wrote:

    I need help: I am starting to get the "not responding" when I open a file that was created using "Word". Quite often I get it with Internet explorer.  Now I am stuck, I cannot open my files.
    Most of the time the Ctrl+Alt+Delete does not work. I have to disconnect the power off my laptop.
    I have Avast 4.7, Spyware Terminator, System Protect, and Verizon Firewall turned on.
    Thank you in advance for your help: Benoit.

  Dear Benoit,

  I had a very similar problem: mysterious and inexplicable "not responding" messages, not so much with Word and with Word documents as with a number of different applications. In the end it seems the problem was an IE cache overflow (apparently, IE's "temporary" files are sometimes not properly removed / deleted, the size of these files exceeds what the system is expecting, and the result is applications "hang" and result in non-response errors). I learned this from PC Pitstop's full tests:

  http://pcpitstop.com/

  (the tests also explain exactly how to fix the problem; one has to delete the "temp" files manually. I did and the problem has gone away).

  If you don't want to or can't run PC Pitstop's tests (which require IE with Java and Active-X enabled) you can just try deleting the temp files - in the folder

    C:\Documents and Settings\<your login name here>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

    (of course, make sure you've set hidden files/folders to show)

  I believe there are some "cache cleaning" shareware programs available, have never tried any, but you could also consider these.

  Good luck - let us know if it works for you - with regards,  = Cheeta Gauba / [log in to unmask]

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml