Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:02:48 -0800
On 23 Feb 99, at 10:55, David Gillett wrote:

>   There's a warning circulating about punching codes into your phone to
> let someone else place long-distance calls on your number.  Granted that
> punching weird codes into your phone because some stranger asks you to is
> really stupid, ....

  I go on to explain my doubts about the authenticity of the warning AS
IT IS CIRCULATING.  Note that these doubts in no way alter or lessen my
belief that you should not cooperate with such a request -- I only
doubt that an organized campaign of scams on this basis justifies a
pass-it-on-to-everyone-you-know red alert via email.  [If it did, we'd
see it in broadcast and paper news coverage, which would reach those
without net access.]

David G

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html