Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 23:34:46 -0500
I've got a 550MHz P3 with 192M RAM running XP with EZ CD Creator Platinum
and installed the XP patch from the Roxio site.
The filename is "XP_up_Platinum". The only other thing I had to do was to go
into MSConfig and disable the DirectCD auto Open when a blank is inserted.
It seems the DirectCD isn't releasing the CDRW drive and allowing the Roxio
to grab it to do the burning. And in the past 3 days, I've burned about 15
CD's. I still have a problem when the hard drives go to sleep (they take a
while to wake up) and this causes the Roxio to lock up sometimes. I usually
just refresh a directory on each harddrive and get everything ready in Roxio
before actually inserting the blank CD and closing the tray.

Hope this helps or at least gets you into the right direction.

Winston Pike

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Nottingham" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 12:33 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Win XP CD Burning Software

> Last week I upgraded my Micron 800 with 512 megs of RAM to XP.  The good
news it, XP does appear to be much more stable - no one BSD.  The bad news
is it took 4.5 days, over 40+ hours, many reinstalls of software, new sound
card (Aureal card didn't work with XP), etc., etc.   One disappointment is
that even though Roxio is "behind the scenes" with CD burning apps, my Easy
CD Creator 5.0 would not work in XP, no matter how many patches I applied,
updates I got, etc.  Programs such as my Outlook backup (OutBack) requires
packet writing which apparently the XP CD burning process does not use.
I've exerted enough energy with the Roxio product (even their 90 day trial
program I downloaded when mine wouldn't work ALSO did not work - engine not
initialized), so wondering if folks have recommendations for other CD
burning programs, e.g., Nero (www.nero.com).  Input will be much
appreciated.
> Happy Holidays,
> Ed Nottingham