Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:57:31 -0700
On 21 Jul 99, at 1:33, TOM TETZLAFF wrote:

> I have evaluated LView Pro some time ago, and, while I'm sure it has been
> cleaned up some since then, I have found Paint Shop Pro far superior to
> LView Pro for my applications.

  I suspect that that last clause, "for my applications", is of particular
importance.  I have (and have registered) both programs, and find that which
I use depends on what I want to do.  [In the particular thread in which LView
Pro was being suggested, the function of interest was to load graphics files
in one format and save them in another -- and almost any graphics program can
do that, subject to limitations on what formats it supports.]

> When installed, LView Pro strewed conflicting dlls all over my
> windows\system directory,

  I have never seen it do this.

> changed ALL my image file associations,

  One of my periodic frustrations is *forcing* LView Pro to re-do this
(including setting the checkbox for "Overwrite existing associations") after
something -- usually from Microsoft, it seems -- has decided to change a
bunch of them to something else without asking me.

> and was a nasty case trying to uninstall.

  I don't recall ever having had a problem with this.

> I found it then to be difficult to use when it was installed, with
> virtually no support except a sometimes unintelligible online help file.

  On this, I have to agree.  LView Pro provides a whole lot of advanced image-
manipulation features that are never explained -- and when I need that sort
of tool, I'm more likely to go to Paint Shop Pro or Corel's Photo-Paint.

  It may be that, as you suggest, LView Pro has improved in some respects
since you evaluated it.  While I'm satisfied with it's ability to do the job
for which people recommended it, I do also recommend Paint Shop Pro, and do
not feel that any graphics program I've ever seen qualifies as "the only tool
you need".

David G

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html