Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 09:08:26 -0700
At 06:18 AM 12/19/1999 , you wrote:
>Hello everyone. When I recieve e-mail from anyone that uses notepad, it shows the icon
>that looks like a notepad with a capitol A in the lower right corner, I'm not able to
>read it. It opens in my notepad and shows the computer language jibberish and all the
>symbols, etc.. Can anyone tell me how to read it in normal language or if I don't have
>that particular notepad on where it's comming from, will I never be able to read it? I
>have windows98 and I.E. 5 on a Gateway computer. Thanks for everyone's help.

This is not an issue with other people, with how they are generating
email...

This is an issue with your Windows configuration.   Your system has
been configured to 'Associate' some file extensions with Notepad
that cannot be read by Notepad.  You need to change these default
file extensions to a different program, one that can read these file
attachments.

These icons that appear could be graphics, documents or a myriad of
other things.  Notepad will ONLY read text or html files.   You will
need to associate graphics with a graphics viewer and Documents
with something capable of reading them such as MS Word for Windows,
Word Perfect or Windows QuickView.  The first two are commercial
applications and Quick View is part of Windows.  You can install
Quick View from the Control Panel using your Windows Install CD.

The easiest way to solve this is to install a graphics viewer and a
good text editor on your computer, they will change the file associations
for you during the install process.

Graphics:
   ACDSEE   http://www.acdsee.com
   Paint Shop Pro:  http://www,jasc.com

Text editor:
    Quick View: This is part of Windows95/98 and can be installed
      from: Start/Control Panel/Add remove programs   click on the
      Windows Setup tab and then click on QuickView.  Be sure to
      have your WIndows install CD handly at this point.

        Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                         http://nospin.com/rode