Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:32:38 -0800
On  8 Oct 98 at 8:14, William Kinsey wrote:

> I forgot the password for my NT 4.  Does anyone know of a file I
> can delete or whatever to get access to NT?

  It's not that simple.
  In fact, I expect that the only option is to save your data (from
some other OS; I believe there are programs available that provide
read-only access to NTFS volumes, if you need it), wipe out some
files (re-format is not a bad idea) and re-install NT.

  An administrator account can change the passwords of other accounts
without knowing what they are.  When I install NT, I give the
Administrator account a password that is easy to remember but hard to
guess -- and I rarely use that account, so there's no chance to see
me typing it or snoop it from the network.
  I then create an account in my own name, and I use that for
day-to-day system use.  Sometimes its convenient to make that account
a member of the "Administrators" group, but I prefer to limit how
much damage someone can do if they find my machine logged in but
unattended.

David G

                                  -----