Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
raymond kornele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 15:12:28 PDT
>From: Susan Hays <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: [PCSOFT] File formats for Scanning.
>Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 16:57:41 EDT
>
>I did not know which post to send this to so I decided to send it to both.
>just purchased a scanner(HP 4100).  I have a friend that has a local
>internet
>provider and uses Netscape Communicator.  As yet, she has not been able to
>open a single picture I have sent her.  So far I have sent it in ipeg, ipg,
>bmp, and gif.  Nothing so far has worked.  I have downloaded the picture in
>my AOL download folder and tried to send it and it didn't work.  I then
>tried
>to download it in my C drive and send it.  Guess what, it still didn't
>work.
>I purchased the scanner mainly so we could share photos back and forth and
>now I am having no luck.  Could really use some help.  I have asked my
>friend
>to contact her local internet provider to see if they could assist also.
>Any
>suggestions, procedures to follow, software I need to purchase, or any
>other
>information would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Susan Hays

You have to send it in a format she has a program to open it with.
JPG and GIF can be read with netscape or IExplore, if she has associated the
extension with the browser.

Otherwise, you could send it as a PCX and she could open it in
Paint Brush, or just about any format can be opened in Paint Shop.

         The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
               software tech tips or software reviews to: