Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:47:55 -0400
If given the option to restart now or later after an installation,
configuration change, etc. (most give this option and a few do not :-<), I
always select later and then restart the computer manually by selecting,
START, SHUTDOWN, then SHUTDOWN again. Then when I get to the point where I
would turn of the puter (or if ATX and it turns itself off), I just CAD and
let it reboot. Using this procedure, I have never had a program
installation restart hang the shutdown process. Whereas, letting the
installation program restart causes it to hang frequently.

I also agree with you to boot with the shift key before any installations.
It not only does not load the startup menu but also cleans up the O/S from
any possible cliches that may be hanging around that were not cleaned up,
e.g. PF error, resources tied up without reason, etc.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663
Fast - Reliable - Wallet Friendly

----------
From:   Bill Cohane[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]

Sixto Balicoco wrote:
 > I have Win98 in my system. Everytime I install a new application,
 > it asks me to exit all windows programs running. However, after the
installation
 > is finished, it would ask me to re-start the system (which I
 > normally do even with Win95). And when all the displays are gone
 > the screen would give me a prompt 'Windows 98 is shutting down'
 > and it will stay there forever.

When you try to restart after installing a new program, Windows
may be trying to shutdown some program which is no longer running...

So before re-starting your system, try re-loading all the programs
Of course, when
first prompted to restart Windows after installing a program, choose
"Later" so that you can manually Restart after everything is loaded
again.

Another thing to try would be to Restart the computer BEFORE you
go to install any program. But when you see that Windows is about
to start loading, hold down on the shift key until Windows is
completely done loading. This prevents Windows from starting many
of those programs that normally load when Windows starts.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html