Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Gene & Robyn Tsuji <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 10:08:26 -0700
David is correct. CTFMON can't be deleted -- it's part of MsOffice and
remains running in the background even after closing your MS Office
application (Word, etc.)  However you can stop it from running. See
Microsoft Knowledge Base article 282599 which instructs you how to
Uninstall Alternate User Input. This "feature" supports speech
recognition, handwriting recognition, and other alternative user input
technologies. I followed these instructions and it helped a number of
problems I had.

Date:    Sun, 16 May 2004 20:14:03 +0200
From:    David Grossman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: freeze/screen problem

Let me guess. You're using Windows XP.

Tony's suggestions are certainly valid. I'd like to add three more
possible
causes:

Click Run and type msconfig in the resulting dialogue box. On the
Startup
tab, unclick "ctfmon" and allow the computer to restart. The same
dialogue
box will return, so click on Cancel. CTFMON has to be the most annoying
DLL
ever created! You can't delete it, but it causes many problems,
including
those you described.

Still have problems? check two more options:

1. some of the latest viruses do cause this.

2. Update your monitor card driver.

Can't rule out the monitor, but the options mentioned above are FAR more
likely to be the cause.

David Grossman

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml