Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:55:25 -0500
Jim:
I could be way off base on this, but...
Scriptsit was Radio Shack's pre-DOS program that ran under TRS-DOS.
TRS-DOS was Radio Shack's proprietary operating system, and it was not
MS-DOS compatible. I seriously doubt that there is any way you can get
the program to run in any kind of Microsoft environment. However, you
may be to recover the data. Your first barrier is that the internal data
is probably organized in a manner that doesn't translate to other word
processors, If you're lucky, there may be an option in Scriptsit that
allows you to output a file in ASCII format. Your next problem is moving
the data to the Windows machine, because the disk formats are not
compatible. Back in the early 90's, there were shareware programs that
could read disks written in a non-DOS format and translate them to a DOS
readable format -- probably 5-1/4 inch 360K floppies. (I moved a lot of
stuff from CP/M to MS-DOS that way.) One other thought is to try a
serial port-to-port transfer using Hyper terminal -- just remember that
back in those days there was some divergence of opinion as to how a
serial port was supposed to be wired. Once you've jumped through those
hoops, you will still face some text formatting problems.
Good luck,
Carroll Grigsby

Jim Ellis wrote:

> I work as a volunteer at a free computer training class for senior citizens, and have a question about moving Scriptsit from a Tandy
> to a Windows machine or, at least, saving the data for use in a windows machine.
>
> Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
>
> Jim Ellis [log in to unmask]

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html