Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
E B Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:03:10 -0600
To hopefully clear the waters a little, I would offer this:

Dennis is right on the money that DSL is more consistent.  DSL represents a
dedicated line that should provide the same service, day in and day out, at
all times of the day.  Cable technology is different because the wires are
shared.  At times when nobody else is online on your line, speed should be
breakneck, considerably faster than DSL.  But, at times when lots of other
people are online, you get into a digital traffic jam.  Just as putting down
new asphalt can help clear up traffic jams on the road, installing new line
can clear up the congestion on cable.  You would hope the cable company
would be responsive when traffic is consistently slow.  Or, you can travel
when others are not and have the road to yourself.

So part of the question you want to ask yourself is what time you are going
to be online.  I would think the busiest (read slowest) times on cable would
be early morning and early evening.  As opposed to 3:00 a.m., when you would
probably be sitting in your underwear on the information superhighway all by
yourself.

Your best bet would probably be to inquire of your neighbors what kind of
service they get at various times of day.  And hope that somebody doesn't
decide to download the entire contents of the Library of Commerce when you
are using your cable provider.

William Closure