Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:55:45 -0400
I'm not sure you can print from dos to your Cannon Laser, but if you can,
you
have to capture the printer port and redirect it to the print driver for the
Cannon.

Go into Control Panel, Printers, right-click on Cannon Laser printer,
properties, go to the Detail tab, and click Capture Printer port.

Now, in the dos program you probably 'configured' a printer, and told it
which port it was attached.  Let's say you pick LPT1 in Quattro.  The dos
program now thinks it is printing to the LPT1 hardware port.

However, what your really did was assign the windows pseudo port. You could
have used LPT1, LPT2,  or LPT3, since where the printer actually is
connected makes no difference to the dos program when its running under
windows.

In the Capture dialogue, choose the port you told Quattro it was going to
use, and in the drop down, pick the printer driver you want to actually
print when a request for this port is detected.  Now, if the Cannon will
except these requests, it will now print for the dos program without the
conflict.  I can print from a couple old dos applications to my networked
lasers, using LPT1, LPT2 and LPT3 as captured ports.  You can use this
captured ports method to print from dos programs to USB port printers, which
didn't exist when your dos programs were released.
Tom Turak