Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kelly Younger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 19:39:24 -0600
marvd1 wrote:

> I just bought a new HP computer that has a CD-RW drive and I am trying to find out how I can make a complete backup using Win98SE  Backup program and my CD-RW drive. I have made some Directory and file backup's already with no problem but when I try to do a "complete" backup it goes through the first disk and says it is approaching the end (of disk space) but does not give the option to insert another disk and continue backing up. If I take the first disk out and install another to continue it starts to backup from the beginning. Am I missing something here or can you not use the MS backup program to do this? Do I have to purchase a different backup program to do this or can you not do a complete backup using CD-RW disks. I had an Iomega tape drive I used with my old 'puter but I would rather use the convenience of this CD-RW drive to do backups.  TIA
>
> Marv Donarski
> Marv - The Sunshine Kid

If you're trying to do a complete hard drive back up, you might have problems using a
CD. Remember, unless you ZIP everything first, when you restore from a CD, everything
is marked as Read-Only by default. Here's more than you *ever* wanted to know about
CD-RW. http://www.fadden.com/cdrfaq/
I've never used the MS backup program so I can't comment. I ZIP my data files and
back them up manually. There may well be a program that does what you want, though.

--
Kelly Younger

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml