Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
At Neethling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:20:57 +0200
I have been through a similar exercise recently and found that the easiest way to do this is as follows:
1. For each address book, open the address book and click on File, then choose Export, choose "Other Address book" (this in Outlook Express, but a similar choice should be available in Outlook) and in the next window choose Text File (Comma separated values) and save the file.

2. After you have all the files saved in similar fashion, use Excel to open the files. The different entries can the be combined into one file, sorted en duplicates can be removed, as well as other unwanted entries. Just ensure the the first line of the file should have:
   a) First column: Name
   b) Second Column: Email address
   c) Third column: Notes
Save the file as a yourname.CSV file, this is very important. (I used one of the original files as the master file an added the other entries to that file. In the end I saved the edited file to the same name.)

3. Back in Outlook, delete the currect Address books, and then start a new address book. Click on File en choose Import, Other Address book and choose Text File (Comma separated values) and clikc on Import. Browse to the file you have just created, and click on Open.

4. Then click on Next. In the next window, ensure that the mapping to your information is correct, if not, click change mapping and correct it.

You will probably have to do some manual changes in the end, unless you have done a good job with setting up the file. If you have any trouble, just mail me and I will help.

At Neethling
Cape Town

John Roberts wrote:

Date:    Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:16:00 +1100
From:    John Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Address Books

Sunday, 11 February 2007

I have several "Address Books" and I wish to amalgamate them, delete those I
don't want and then only have one address book.

I use Microsoft Outlook and Have XP Professional.

Can you help me step by step?

John Roberts

--

QOTW: My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog
        already thinks I am.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml