Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 00:16:33 +0530
Tom,

For some reason google.com tries to red-direct one to a "local"
Google site. I guess it determines one's location from the IP address ?

For example, I am visiting India and right now and if I try
connecting to google.com I end up at google.co.in (two weeks ago, in
Canada, I ended up in google.ca whenever I tried accessing google.com).

google.ca does NOT re-direct. If you try it even from India (as I
just did), you get google.ca !

So my guess is that in your case google.com decides you need to be
re-directed - are you by any chance not in the US ? - and the
redirect may be failing, possibly because of a security setting or
other issue on your PC, so instead of being redirected you end up
getting nowhere?

Hope this attempt at an explanation helps. Cheers -

      Cheeta Gauba  / [log in to unmask]