Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Dent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 23:43:56 -0800
Ernie,

You are symantecly screwed! However I would (depending on the operating
system) first try to reinstall from the windows disk without formatting,
(And thereby save the system's files as installed - which the customer will
like.) The lesson for all to learn from this is don't use or recommend
Symantec products. There are plenty of good replacement software out there
like Avast Anti Virus or Fix-It Utilities.

John D.

At 12:58 PM 12/22/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Problem-  A customer walked into our shop with her CPU, described to a Tech
>that the only problem she's having was NAV missing a file, and live update
>database fails to load during start up.  To fix her problem, she wanted the
>missing file reloaded off her NAV CD and secondly, to fix NAV so that the
>live update database file will load up during start up.  Yes Mam!  Sounds
>simple enough!!
>
>Here's what happened:
>Friday last week, the lady said Symantec would not let her pass through the
>booting sequence eveytime she starts up her PC.  (Too common at this time of
>the year, Symantec/NAV wanted her to renew her subscription "now!")  She
>went ahead and renewed her subscription for another year.  She used her PC
>that day.
>The following day attempting to access her email, that's when hell broke
>loose on her.  She got the BSOD, and the following messages:
>"Live Update database file failed to load,"
>"NAV auto-protect is unable to start"
>"Symenvt.386 is missing, system is halted.  Need to reload Norton
>Anti-virus."
>Desperate attempts to bring up Windows, fires up "Windows Protection error"
>messages.
>(Da*n, this is hopeless case!  Thanks Norton!)
>
>I believe Norton or Symantec is practically holding this PC a hostage.   How
>can Symantec/NORTON expects PC owners to reload their *&^%#$!! antivirus
>program if this same program shutsdown the System and prevents Windows from
>starting up?  I don't think I have any option here but to reformat, reload
>and reconfigure this system.  I am open to suggestions... HELP!!
>
>WinMe, AMD XP 1800  512MB mem, 80 GBHD, I'Net via DSL
>
>Emie DelRosario
>
>                 Curious about the people moderating your
>                    messages? Visit our staff web site:
>                     http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml