Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:02:25 -0400
I started using a new Palm in Outlook98.
The copy of OutLook already had a Palm user,
and all I did was a sync to the new unit.
Since it cloned the username too, I assume I
did a desktop overwrites Palm sync.
Then I had two duplicate Palm units...
I am afraid this might be an unsupported configuration.

The old one is a Palm IIIx... It has the user name (or ID) glaziera...
It has worked with OutLook98 for sync, flawlessly...
I got a Palm IIIxe...  It has the user name (or ID) glaziera...
The name synced from the old one apparently, the first time...
The Palm OSs are slightly different numbers, and the memory
is double in the new one...
(The old smaller one it is less than 10% used so there
was no problem with "too much" going to the new...)

I was wondering what would happen if I synced both
physical units to the same computer, and tried it one time...
I wound up with a small number of duplicates... (3)
This was very unusual, (first time ever...) and there was
no reason for that.
(Not any "normal" reason, at least...)
I did a "normal" sync that time, not overwrite...

"Now" I want to "rename" as in "blank out" the old Palm
and cause it to be another (different) username in the
Palm, on the same computer, or another...
(I have four copies of OutLook, only one is installed...)

Is that as simple as pulling the batteries and/or doing a hard reset?
Or is there another approved way to "pass on" an old unit to
a different user?

There are no password problems, and the owner screen(s)
 are "unlocked"...

One reason I am asking is I did almost the exact thing above with
two mismatched Casios and their own desktops (on a different
machine with NO OutLook) and got an error about the physical
unit being the wrong one to sync with the current file...
The Palms, and OutLook never said a thing...
The Casio Syncs worked better, with no problems, and continue
to do so...
These are the older Casio Viewer models, 2m and 4m...
I do not know the OS, but MS is never mentioned...)
Off-list on this is welcome, as it may be too a narrow question
for most users interest...

                  Thanks in advance...          Rick Glazier

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml