Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 00:58:13 +1000
I notice that my XP Pro contains in the System32 folder the following .exe
files:
Xcopy  XXCopy16  XXCopy  XXPBar.

I have not knowingly put these files there--presumably they come with XP.

If I try to run any of them, (or for that matter any dos file) all I get is
a momentary flash of a dos window. Is this normal? If I needed to (and I'm
not sure if I ever will) how can I force any dos file to open in XP? Or is
that forbidden? I know that XP does not support dos, which makes me curious
as to why these files are there.

What is the purpose of each of these files? That last one sounds
intriguing! A bar in my computer--now that's advanced thinking.

I noted Ian's excellent tip about running W98 install from the hard drive,
using Xcopy32 from a boot disk. Would XXCopy do the same thing?  Could I
install XP in the same way--I believe the setup file is in the I386 folder.

Don Penlington
 From the beach at Surfers Paradise.
http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
for sunny Queensland photos, fractal art, free computer tutorials, and more.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml