Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 22:30:04 -0500
Dave,

This is a problem that Microsoft has admitted may occur in certain systems
after installing a program or making a configuration change.  It occurs in
all versions of Win95.

Go to http://www.outdoorwriter.com/articles/computer/flaw.htm for more info.
There's even a patch available for download there.

If you can't get to the site, I can e-mail the patch to you (102k zip file).

Good luck,

Tim Klymkow

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Gibson
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 1999 2:37 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] I/O Subsystem driver failure

Hello listers--

Can't find a solution yet to this problem. When booting, my computer
displays this message: "While initializing device IOS: Error: an I/O
subsystem driver failed to load. Either a file in the .\IOSUBSYS
subdirectory is corrupt or the system is low on memory."

This has just occurred after installing a new motherboard (actually a cast
off from my son) with a P200MMX chip. The only thing changed in this machine
is the motherboard, the floppy drive (Epson 5 1/4 / 3 1/2 dual drive), hard
drive (Western Digital Caviar 6.4 GB), Mitsumi 4X CD ROM, Ensoniq ISA sound,
Motorola ModemSurfr 56K/v.90 and Nitro 3D GX video card are from the "old"
machine. I also added USB ports, since this new motherboard supports them.
Lastly, I'm running a Hauppauge Win/TV PCI TV card.

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]