Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:58:06 -0700
Demetri writes:

<<From Norton CleanSweep SupportNow! News Bulletin:
 >>2.  Applications not recommended to be monitored, uninstalled, moved,
or transported.
There are several applications and file types we recommened that you
do not monitor, uninstall, move, archive, or transported with
CleanSweep.

Considering the above, would Don Penlington still recommend CleanSweep as
first choice to uninstall programs?

Secondly, how can programs Symantec recommends not be monitored with
CleanSweep be removed from CleanSweep lists of programs monitored?>>

RESPONSE:

A few people report having had difficulty with Cleansweep.  I have used it
now for some 4 years with never a hitch---I would rate it as one of my most
reliable and essential programs .

Like anything else, there will always be a few systems with which any
program of this nature will not be successful.  Nortons Utilities is
another prime example of this---many people swear by it, others dislike it.

Having said that, I've recently switched from my original Cleansweep to the
new version now  put out by Nortons.  I must say that there are some
aspects of the new version that I find less appealing than the older
original Cleansweep.  Cleanup, for example, is now too aggressive, and
seems to remove files without prompting---a thing my old Cleansweep never
did.  But this does not affect the uninstall operation, which appears to
remain unchanged.

Anything as tightly integrated with the Operating System as Internet
Explorer and MS Office  should not be removed with any proprietary
uninstaller, for pretty obvious reasons. That's only common
sense.  Although, in fact, I did uninstall Office 97 with Cleansweep, with
no ill effects, a long time ago when I was young and innocent.

As to removing details from the Monitor list,  this is not
necessary.  Monitoring is purely passive, no more than a log of what gets
installed and where.  You can view this log if you wish, and can clean out
the old stuff occasionally.

Don Penlington

Visit my Web pages: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Computer tutorials,Fractals, poetry, free icons,  and beautiful Queensland
beaches.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html