Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:17:18 -0400
At 14:53 09/15/05, Carol Hanson wrote:
>Does anyone have any 'inside info', or just thoughts in general, on
>what the
>Zone Alarm update is really all about?  Does it close security gaps or
>just
>have more bells and whistles?  Is everyone rushing to do this?  At first I
>thought it might be a good idea to download it to this old computer
>and have
>it as a possible setup for the new computer that I should be getting today
>or tomorrow. (Since the update has " new security features".  But, on the
>other hand, I don't want to start the new computer off with a program that
>could be faulty either.  (Not sure what I downloaded the other day for the
>new computer - whether it contains this update or not.)

Hi Carol

I've noticed two improvements after installing the update. I used to
experience delays when attempting to download my email using Eudora.
(About half the time my attempt to logon to Road Runner's POP3 email
server would seem to hang and I'd have to cancel it and try again.)
Now my email downloads almost instantaneously. Zone Labs did say that
the update addresses problems that the older version caused with
downloading email.

In addition to the above, the program seems to run more smoothly.
I was getting memory write failures (presumably conflicts between
Zone Alarm and other programs) almost daily when the older version
was installed. (The error messages were usually something along the
lines of such and such module tried to write to an invalid memory
location.) I can't say for sure they were caused by Zone Alarm but
these errors seem to have stopped after I installed the update.

I'm currently running the Zone Alarm Security Suite 6.0.667.000
with all the privacy, anti-virus, and anti-spyware features turned
off. (I have other stand alone programs that address these issues.)

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/zaav/releaseHistory.html
provides the following information:

New and improved features in ZoneAlarm Antivirus version 6.0.667.000
Fixed - POP email not working when co-existing with NAV
Fixed - AV scan will hang on certain files
Fixed - On some machines Antivirus/Antispyware can't be enabled
Fixed - Propel compatibility issue
Fixed - SmartDefense Advisor not working with Proxy
Fixed - Multiple 'loopback' entries in firewall zones after upgrade

Regards,
Bill