Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jerry Heston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 12:21:46 -0400
> My daughter's computer crashed and she lost all her graphic and picture
> files.  I know I have seen an advertisement of a program that says it can
> retrieve data from even a reformatted hard drive.  Does anyone
> know what it
> is???  Can any of you recommend a program that might help her?  I know
> nothing about the computer except that it was running Win 95.  They shut
> down because of a storm and when they tried to reboot it
> wouldn't.  Someone
> came and looked at it and told them they needed a new hard drive.
>
> Please help if you can.
>
> Linda Aldridge

It sounds like the computer was off during the storm?  Can you boot to a
floppy?  (You did make a startup disk, didn't you?)  You may be able to
restore the system files to the hard drive and make a complete recovery.
(Boot to A: and type "sys c:" without the quotes.)  We can't really tell
what might have happened to the hard drive.  Do you get anything when you
try to power up?  Hard disk failure message?  Nothing at all?  It may well
be true that you need a new hard drive, but I wouldn't run right out and buy
one without trying some things.

I don't know about retrieval services; I'm sure someone else can answer
that.  Provide some more info and maybe you can recover your drive.

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]