Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:12:34 -0400
All your problems stem from #4.  Zango is a notorious spyware program that cannot be removed via the Add/Remove control panel, even though it says it can.  It will re-install when connected to the Internet.  Also it is trying to send information back to its company (180Solutions) via "Backweb" process.  It is known to cause all sorts of problems with various computer systems:

http://mediapost.com/dtls_dsp_news.cfm?newsID=244697

To remove it you should get the free "Spybot Search and Destroy" and free Ad-Aware and run both to detect and remove the program.  The URLs to get these are:

http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

and

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

I have been called to work on at least 25 computers in the last couple of weeks that are full of these spyware programs.  Since they are not technically viruses, most AV software does not detect them but they are getting almost as destructive as viruses, Trojans, or worms.  I update and run both the above programs at least once per week just to make sure.

Doug

At 6/28/2004 10:11 PM, Georgia Winn wrote:

Hi I am having quit a few problems.

1st Problem sez invalid backweb @ start up
2nd cant open any links from emails
3rd computer freezes up have to go to ctrl alt delete to shut down
4th All problems started since my son downloaded Zango which I removed with the add/remove but it still is popping up.

Help Thanks, G. Winn

ps system is XP

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml