Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 23:49:56 -0400
At 10:02 08-06-98 -0800, David wrote:
>Anne wrote:
>> The last two times I have gone to Shut Down/Restart Computer, the
>> Win95 window telling me to Wait Until Shutdown Procedures Have
>> Been Completed hangs.  It never goes away.
>
>This is a pretty common behaviour of Win95, and there's a Microsoft
>Knowledge Base article that describes several different conditions
>which will produce this symptom.  Generally they're fairly minor
>problems, but it would be a good idea to review that article and
>check the things that it lists.  [I'm hoping someone else has the
>pointer to that article handy.]

See "How to Troubleshoot Windows 95 Shutdown Problems" at
<http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q145/9/26.asp>.

If you can't access this link, you will have to sign in with Microsoft.
Go to <http://Microsoft.com/> and click on "Technical Support", which
is on the left side of the page under "Products and Services".

You will need to register at that point. (Although free, it's still annoying.)
Make sure that you have "cookies" enabled in your browser before you do this.
From then on, you will be able to access any support link at Microsoft since
a cookie will tell Microsoft who you are and that you are already registered.

The article states that shutdown problems in Windows 95 can be caused by a
incompatible, damaged, or conflicting device driver, a damaged exit sound
file, or incorrectly configured or damaged hardware.

You must determine where the problem program is loading from. Choices are
1. The Startup folder.
2. A command line loading automatically from the Win.ini file.
3. A command being loaded in the Autoexec.bat or Config.sys file.
4. A memory conflict that still exists when Emm386.exe is not loaded
   from the Config.sys file.
5  A virtual device driver being loaded from the System.ini file.
6. A damaged exit sound file.
7. Advanced Power Management (APM) may be causing the shutdown problem.
8. Determine if the shutdown problem is caused by the Windows 95 file system settings.
9. A Windows 95 device driver is causing the shutdown problem, or a device installed
   in your computer is configured incorrectly or is not functioning properly.
10. View the Bootlog.txt file to pinpoint the problem.
11. Try resetting the computer's CMOS settings back to the factory defaults.
12. The PC Speaker driver (Speaker.drv) can cause Windows 95 to stop responding at
    shutdown or startup.
13. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 with the Windows Desktop Update component
    installed can cause shutdown problems.

The article describes in detail how to trouble shoot each of these possibilities.

Regards,
Bill