Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 23:31:32 -0500
 What I usually do prior to installing the OS is copy the setup files to formatted HD (eg C:\Win98) and run setup from there.  That way I never need to have the CD at hand.   Using Regedit on my systems, under  My  Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup, I just discovered  keys named "CommandLine" & "SourcePath". These were the only references I found to my install source.  You may want to check/edit those values on your system.  CAUTION: Backup your registry before fiddling around with it.  HTH.

Ian Carmichael

  Can someone tell me what setting I need to change on a PC that after installing components such as network services...etc, that Windows will automatically look for the cab files in c:\windows\options\cabs instead of d:\win98 (looking for the windows 98 cd)?

  There must be a way to change this, but I haven't heard of one as yet.

  Thanks

  Dan

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml