Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 02:17:12 -0500
Rick replies: (I think I spilt the thread?)
 I was talking about taking a Win95a-fat16
boot disk and using it on another Win95a-fat16 machine
BUT with the  Windows directories NAMED
differently on both machines. The text version of
MSDOS.SYS would not have the proper "pointers"
for the system to boot from, so files would NOT
be found. One or both systems would be a NON-default
installation.
The way I occasionally get this error,
it is not distructive. (An _Access_ type of problem.)

Funny you should mention it though... I DID have to do
what you said recently.  I had a Win95a-fat16
NON-dual boot machine that would ONLY boot into Dos6.2 from
the HD. It could not be overridden.  I think it was
caused by one of those (third party) Tweek programs.
Right after I set the boot options, (correctly), the
machine went nuts.  I "recovered" just the way you said.
PS: NO chance of the FAT32 problem for me, I don't have
it around anywhere, but I bought it for later...

     Rick

David Gillett <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>  If this system was upgraded from a pre-OSR2 Win95, it may have
>retained a "boot to previous OS" entry on the boot menu, referring to
>a DOS version not compatible with FAT32.
>  When such an entry is selected, and the boot partition uses FAT32,
>the old code will trash the system boot files.  The fix is to boot
>from
>a diskette (with the correct Win 9x boot files), and use SYS.COM to
>copy the boot files from the diskette to the hard drive.
>David G

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>