Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Shyamal Gupta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 22:00:52 +0500
Dear Joseph,

At 11:09 PM 9/11/98 -0000, Joseph Bangali wrote:
>Can anyone please remind me whcih command I need to format a normal
>1.44MB floppy disk to higher capicity and still be able to read it.

There probably aren't any commands in Win95 or MS-DOS for this. I may be
wrong, of course. But there may be some third-party utilities available for
the purpose.

A friend recommends one such : GR Disk Utility. Which can format various
sizes and media types.

With GR Disk Utility  the listed media are the standard 720KB (3½), 1.2MB
(5¼) and 1.44MB (3½) formats, plus two additional nonstandard formats; the
1.72MB (3½) and the 1.68MB (3½) formats.

I quote from GR Disk Utility's help :

"The 1.72MB media is a special format automatically recognized by Windows
95 when you use Explorer or any other Windows shell. Windows 95 cannot
format 1.72MB but is able to read and write to this type of disk media.

The 1.68MB media is the nonstandard format used by Microsoft to distribute
its software packages. This format is identified as 1.68MB or MSDMF media
type. The number of sectors of the MSDMF type is equal to the 1.72MB type;
the difference is that the MSDMF format only allows 16 files or directories
on the disk root, while the 1.72MB, having two more tracks on the disk
surface, allows a root directory equal to that of a 1.44MB diskette."

If this is what you are looking for, you could download this shareware from :

        http://www.grsoftware.net/grduw.htm

I've just got this program from my friend (who speaks highly of it --
though he hasn't actually used the 1.68MB format as yet). To me, it seems
pretty good -- but I've only used it once. Apart from formatting, it does
disk duplicates, repair, etc.

I would suggest you read the "help" thoroughly before using it for the
non-standard 1.72 or 1.68MB formats.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Shyamal Gupta
25D, Selimpore Road, Calcutta 700 031. INDIA
Voice/Fax : 91-33-4736164
E-Mail : [log in to unmask]

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**