Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Paul Berberich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:08:17 -0500
I hope you don't mind my adding to this question.
I have an older computer without a printer and need to print some of the info from that.  When "printing to file" using a floppy is
there some way in Win 98 to have the printer simply and quickly print that file from my floppy?
Paul

Date:    Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:17:20 -0500
From:    Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: print to file

What the print-to-file option does is send the bits that would normally be
sent to the printer to a file on your PC.  The printer bits are not
readable text because all the control codes and bit mapping of the "dots"
are mixed in.  I use it to print to a file when my laptop is not connected
to a printer.  Later when the printer is connected, I go into a DOS window
and issue the command "copy file.prn lpt1" and the printer spits out
the  page just as if it was printing from the original application.

If you want to print to a file that you can "see" the ASCII characters (no
formatting), you can install the "Generic/ASCII text" printer and connect
it to the "File:" port.  Then a new printer choice will be "Generic on
File" in your Win9x applications.

At 12/12/99 01:04 PM , Dovid Teitelbaum wrote:

>Some programs have an option called "print to file". what it does is
>creates a file on my computer. but my computer doesn't recognize it, and i
>can't do much with the file. Any help?

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html