Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Shyamal Gupta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 13:00:50 +0500
a message earlier.

As Jim Meagher has pointed out, I've made some errors in my post. Sorry
about this, and the corrections are added below.

>>I would like to partition my hard drive with Fat 32 so I can use more space.

SG>On the Win95 (OSR2) CDROM there is a FAT32 conversion utility. (Or you
can go to the Microsoft site and download this -- I think it's free). This
will do the job.

This utility is *not* available for download at Microsoft's site. It's only
available on the *later versions* of the Win95 OSR2 CD (the earlier version
of the OSR2 CD does not have this utility).

SG>Secondly, the Windows Startup disk, with which you can recover
from disk errors and disasters, can't read FAT32 formatted
hard disks. But, you can create an emergency disk if you use a
utility called FAT32EBD.EXE from the Windows 98 CD (yes, the Win98, and not
Win95, CD). However, I don't know if this disk can be used with Win95.

Actually, it's not a good idea to try this. I had referred to the "Win95
startup disk" -- actually it's the emergency recovery disk of Win98.

SG>These 2 tips are from Tipworld (http://www.tipworld.com).

While these tips are for Win98, as mentioned, I do think it's still
worthwhile to check them out. I've converted to FAT32 on Win98 (my
desktop), but haven't done so on my laptop which runs on Win95. Haven't
dared to do so till I hear about some more information and feedback from
others on FAT32 and Win95.

On Win98, I've gained a few hundred MB's of disk space after conversion to
FAT32. But haven't as yet noticed any other advantages. And this big
disadvantage with uninstalling Win98 is still there. (Particularly since,
as a matter of routine maintenance, I periodically uninstall and reinstall
both Win98 and Win95).

Cheers.

Shyamal Gupta
25D, Selimpore Road, Calcutta 700 031. INDIA
Voice : 91-33-3440643
E-Mail : [log in to unmask]

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**