Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"g.Computer9f" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:10:43 -0500
From: "Jagpal S Tiwana" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:55 AM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] PCSOFT Digest - 17 Feb 2008 to 18 Feb 2008
(#2008-44)

>When I bought a new comuter, Norton came installed as a trial
>version. Now trial period has expired, I find hard to uninstall or
>disable it. Any tips ?   --Jagpal S Tiwana

---------------------
<Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you manually delete any files that appear
<to be from Symantec.  It looks to me as if  Norton replaces some
<important system files with those of its own.  If you delete them, you
<run a risk of trashing your operating system.

Then you have to restore everything from your restore disk or partition - and guess what?  I'm baacckk! - Norton is reinstalled too.

-------------------------
<Their are two alternatives to consider.  First is to continue to use Norton Internet Security.

This is what they HOPE you will do if they make it too hard to remove.

---------------------
<I have heard that those who order it online have it renewed the next year and charged to their <credit card. One more reason that people hate Symantec.  But, it is not a criticism of the tool's
<performance, only of an alleged sleazy business practice.

This is true.  Do not give them your credit card number.  I've had them "renew" it in 6 months when a year was supposed to come free.

---------------------------
<Another possibility is to reload your operating system from the save
<disks or whatever your computer came with.  If you have not changed it
<since you bought it and don't mind going back to a fresh install, that
<is one way to solve the problem.

A real fresh install would be great EXCEPT with Dell and HP, that means a fresh install WITH Norton and whatever other crap Dell or HP were paid to load up your hard drive with.  They SELL your hard disk space to vendors and advertisers and if you try a "fresh" reinstall or restore - back it comes!  In the future, I would not buy a computer with stuff like this pre-loaded.  I saw recently where Dell & someone else was selling "clean" installs - FOR A HIGHER PRICE than if you let them sell part of your hard drive space (which to me is fraud - saying they are selling you an xGB hard drive and then half filling it with garbage you can't get off, leaving you with less HDD space than promised).  --AnnaSummers

<Go to www.symantec.com and hunt for their removal tool.  Use it and you
<**might** be able to uninstall the Symantec stuff.

At this point, with this PC, this is probably your best shot.

Good luck,
AnnaSummers

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml