Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:52:35 -0400
From: Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>

Many (most?) local service providers have some type of discount plan for
advance payments.  I have a semi-annual contract with my provider, and I
only pay $85 per six months.  He also has a one year rate of $150 -- and
that's unlimited service, BTW.  If I worked out a 3 year contract with him,
I'll bet I could get it down to $350-$375.

> Probably nearly $800 and you won't have a
> PC that you paid nothing for and used for three years left at the end of
> that time.  How much the ISP makes out of the deal is also irrelevant
> since it is the same either way also.  I don't understand this
> objection.

You've cut off the rest of his message, but I believe his point was that the
"free" PC is a stripped down model with very low quality no-name parts and
there would very likely be compatibility issues if you try to upgrade or
add-on.  AND, it probably only has a 30 day warranty (just a guess on my
part <g>).

But since no one has posted the DETAILS of any of these offers, we are ALL
just guessing.......

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>