Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Chuck Finnigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 22:07:00 -0800
i was able to reconfigure settings successfully before i'd heard anything
about 'configurator.' but i had friends who ran it on their system and
totally messed things up. i uninstalled IE 5.5 and installed IE 6 and that
solved a problem of IE and OE not working. Netscape would browse if i went
into the proxy settings under preferences and deleted the setting for @home.
the only problem is that we can't get the setting to stay permanently
deleted. has anyone else had that problem?

> This is addressed to the survivors of the Excite/AT&T@home fiasco.
>
> When Excite@home declared bankruptcy, my AT&T service stopped for
> approximately 3 1/2 days.  Shortly after restoring a semblance of service,
> they sent out a program ('Configurator') which reconfigured the Internet
> Explorer and Outlook Express programs for their new internet service.  To
my
> great regret, however, the Configurator totally wiped out Netscape
> Communicator.  Despite installing every possible version of Netscape (from
> 4.1 to 6.2) the sole response I've been able to get is the menu: "Creating
> New Profile;" nothing else!
>
> I've contacted AT&T regarding my problem but received only the cryptic
> remark, "AT&T does not support Netscape."  Big surprise!
>
> Has anyone who went through this mess been able to restore Netscape?  I'd
> sure like to hear how it's done!
>
> Dick
>
>       "Hold No Punches.." Rode brings you great shareware/freeware
>         programs with his honest opinions in this weekly column.
>                        http://freepctech.com/rode

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml