Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Art Cassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 23:28:35 -0800
As I stated in my article on the NoSpin web site, care must be used with
any uninstall program.   The warning appearing on the Symantic web site
only backs up what I said about these types of programs.  If an
uninstall program does not seek out files associated with a given
program, it can't do the job it's supposed to do.  As Symantic states,
some programs refer to dll's that are NOT part of the program you wish
to remove and others bury themselves all over your hard drive.  Browser
programs (especially IE) are notorious for this.  Again, your computer
has no brain.  All it can do is follow instructions and instructions for
program removal are flawed in some cases in order to do the job
effectively in most.  Always examine what any uninstall program plans to
remove before you allow it to do so.  As to the comment about Cleansweep
being buggy, please ask your instructor for specifics.

Cleansweep lets you know it is going to monitor the program when the
installation starts and gives the option of not monitoring it.  There's
no problem (other than adding to the length of the list) of having a
program that you've previously installed on the list of programs
monitored by Cleansweep (the ones on Symantics list of no-no's), just
don't use Cleansweep for the uninstall.  Windows being buggy as it is,
you'll eventually reformat and reinstall everything before the list gets
unbearably long anyway.

Art

Alan wrote;

> I'm in a computer studies program at our local college. Just yesterday, my Operating Systems
> instructor described Cleansweep as bug-ridden, and strongly urged not using it at all. I personally
> know nothing about Cleansweep, but on his advice, I won't download it. Just my 2 cents worth.
>
> Alan Thompson
> ************
>
> >From Norton CleanSweep SupportNow! News Bulletin:
>
> >>2.  Applications not recommended to be monitored, uninstalled, moved,
> or transported.
>
> There are several applications and file types we recommened that you
> do not monitor, uninstall, move, archive, or transporte with
> CleanSweep.
>
> For more information, please refer to the following Knowledge Base
> article:
>
> http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/vURL.cgi/ncs11<<
>
> Considering the above, would Don Penlington still recommend CleanSweep as
> first choice to uninstall programs?
>
> Secondly, how can programs Symantec recommends not be monitored with
> CleanSweep be removed from CleanSweep lists of programs monitored?
> Inquiry to Symantec failed to produce answer.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html