Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:11:29 +1300
Anyone know how to download and STASH the various versions of IE's and OE's,
together with their multitudinous patches, fixes and updates?

I'd like to archive a lot of this stuff, partly because it's handy for my
clients, and partly because it won't be long before Microshaft pulls the
plug on some of the older systems.

I just updated my IE 5.01 to IE 5.5.  Then I tried to simply download IE 6
and keep it for future referencen - heck, it tells you on the website that
you can do this.

So I opted for the 'Minimal Install Or Save To Disk' option, and told it to
stash itself out in the woodshed, miles from C:\Program Files, where
Internet Explorer lives, which is the default download location.

So what happens?  I went out and left it to do its' thing and came home to
find I now have IE6 installed. Grrr.

I'm not intending to get into a debate about the merits of the various IE
versions, I'd just like to know how to download all this stuff without it
installing itself.  I could do the 'Repair Internet Explorer' thing, I
guess, and go back to the 5.5 version, and I imagine I'll still have v.6 in
the distant folder.

But there's gotta be a better way!

TIA

Ian Porter