Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 21:42:11 -0500
On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 at 06:37:55 -0600 James Baird wrote:
>  A friend lost his taskbar desktop icon and has not been able to
> recover it.

Hi James

The following worked for me after I had deleted my "Show Desktop"
icon and later decided that I still wanted it:

Sven Swanson Sr. posted the following on December 7, 2001:

<Start of Sven's message>

    First try this: Search your hard drive for "desktop.scf". Once you find
    it, right-click, drag, and drop it into your Quick Launch bar...
    If you can't locate it, follow these instructions:

    1. Open your favorite text editor. Notepad works well.

    2. Use your mouse to select the following lines exactly as I've entered
      them, and then right-click and choose Copy.

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

    3. Click in the empty document in your text editor and choose Edit,
Paste.

    4. Choose File, Save As. For the name of the new file, enter
       "Show Desktop.scf" (be sure to include the quotation marks). For the
       Save In location, choose the C:\Windows\System folder (if you use
       Windows NT or Windows 2000, you may need to select the
       C:\Winnt\System32 folder).

    5. Close the text editor.

    6. Open Windows Explorer, navigate to the Windows\System folder,
and find
       the Show Desktop.scf file you just created. Click to select that
file.

    7. Hold down the right mouse button and drag the Show Desktop.scf
onto an
       empty space on the Quick Launch bar. When you release the mouse
button,
       choose Create Shortcut(s) Here from the pop-up menu.

    The Show Desktop icon now appears on the Quick Launch toolbar where it
    belongs.

<End of Sven's message>

Note that I didn't bother putting a copy of Show Desktop.scf in my
c:\windows\system (actually c:\winnt\system32) folder. I created a file
named xx.txt to my desktop and renamed it to Show Desktop.scf without
bothering to add any quote marks. Then I just dragged it (using left
button) onto the quick launch bar. And I didn't have to choose Create
Shortcut from any menu. (When I drag something onto the quick launch bar
this way, I wait until a small black bar appears where I want the icon
and then I let go the mouse button.)

By the way, when you save this text file with name Show Desktop.scf, no
matter where you save it, it will show the normal icon for Show Desktop.

Regards,
Bill

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml